Come out and try Tai Chi classes for seniors every Wednesday from 1-2pm at the Lake City Community Center. The class will be taught by Daniel L. Altschuler, EAMP (LAC), PhD Acupuncture and Herbalist. He is a licensed East Asian Medicine Practioner.
Classes begin Wednesday, June 21st and run through Wednesday, September 6th at the Lake City Community Center. The center is located at 12531 28th Ave NE. Classes are free and all are welcome.
Please register at front desk or contact Akira at 206-472-5472/Claudine at 206-472-5471
TAI CHI HAS MANY HEALHTY BENEFITS FOR SENIORS:
- Relieves physical affects of stress.
- Promotes deep breathing.
- Reduces bone loss in menopausal women.
- Improves lower body and leg strength.
- Helps with arthritis pain.
- Reduces blood pressure.
- Requires mind and body integration through mental imagery.
This project is funded by the Seattle Park District’s Recreation for All Initiative.