Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE is an award-winning workshop series designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
Lake City Seniors will host the eight-session series at the Lake City Community Center starting Monday, September 11th and running through November 6th. The workshop meets Mondays 1-3pm. The workshop will no meet on Monday, October 9th.
The workshop is free, but does require pre-registration to participate. To register contact Akira at 206-268-6740 or by email at akirao@soundgenerations.
A Matter of Balance emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
YOU WILL LEARN TO:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns