Why is March the most popular month to use a trampoline?
We will now hold Bingo online over zoom as well as in person. If you wish to receive the zoom link each week, please email Justin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Justin at 206-707-1865 and provide your email address. If you have participated in Bingo over the phone in the past, the previous number we used will no longer work.
John will temporarily be providing the Ballard Senior Center with tech help. Unfortunately, due to his schedule, he will NOT be available to provide tech help at our program Mondays only in March. He will still be available Wednesdays and Fridays and will be teaching his tech classes.
To ensure that our records are accurate, we will be asking that everyone fill out an updated contact form this month. We highly recommend providing an emergency contact for our records.
We have a lot going on this month at Lake City Seniors!
- United Way of King County will be offering free tax preparation services, including applications for the new Working Families Tax Credit, on Friday, March 8th from 10:00am-2:00pm. Please make sure to bring the following documents: Your photo ID, Social Security Card or ITIN document, Any income documents (W-2, 1099-NEC, etc.), Other relevant tax documents. Please note that they cannot accept prior-year returns as proof of your SSN.
- Enjoy some tea and a treat and get to know Samaa our Social Worker and newest addition to the team! This is an opportunity to ask any social work or mental health related questions and learn about local resources available for you! This meet and greet will be on March 18th at 1:30pm.
- We will be holding a vaccine clinic for Flu shots and COVID boosters. This event will be held March 20th from 11am-2pm. The first 5 participants to get either a flu shot or COVID-19 vaccine and volunteer to fill out a survey will be eligible to receive a $50 gift card. Limit to 1 gift card per participant. Vaccination is FREE, no insurance is required. We will have all approved vaccines at this event for anyone 6 months old or older. Walk-ins accepted. No appointment required. Please note that these are the same “versions” of the vaccines that were provided in October. If you have received either shot in the past 6 months you will not be eligible for a new booster.
- The Mobile Community Service Office from the Department of Social and Health Services will be visiting to provide one-on-one help on Monday, March 25th from 10:00am-2:00pm. At this event you can apply for Cash Assistance, Basic food assistance, medical assistance, and the Medicare savings program. You can also drop off paperwork, complete an eligibility review, mid-certification review or make changes to an existing case.
- Silver Screeners are back! Join us for popcorn and a movie followed by a discussion with a volunteer from Scarecrow Video. This month’s movie will be Hunt for the Wilderpeople which will be shown March 11th at 1:30pm. Hunt for the Wilderpeople is a movie about a national manhunt ordered for a rebellious kid and his foster uncle who go missing in the wild New Zealand bush.
- John will also be holding FOUR Tech Workshops in March. These workshops will be a more hands-on version of his classes where he will show you how to perform certain tasks on your own devices in class. On Friday March 8th & 22nd at 10am, John will cover Device Storage Cleaning where he’ll help you clean up old photos, files, apps, emails, and anything else on your devices. On March 15th & 29th at 10am, he will cover Password Organization. In this workshop he will help you reset passwords and provide recommendations and tips for organizing them in notebooks or in password managers.
We’re excited to see everyone this month at our program! For more information on our programming, calendar, and lunch menu, please follow the links to the right.
Lake City Seniors