What’s for breakfast on really cold January days?
Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a relaxing and restful holiday season.
Tai Chi and Zumba are back! They will both be held at their regularly scheduled times starting January 3rd. We appreciate your understanding as we navigated changes in programming during the holidays.
A reminder that we will be closing for the New Years and Martin Luther King Holidays. We will not hold any programming on January 1st or January 15th. There will also be no meals served on these days, so please plan accordingly.
We have some exciting programming coming this month.
- Silver Screeners are back! Join us for popcorn and a movie followed by a discussion with a volunteer from Scarecrow Video. This month’s movie will be Lady Bird which will be shown January 8th at 1:30pm.
- Music and Mindfulness is back! It will now be held every Friday at 1:30pm.
- The Dementia Action Collaborative will be holding a Legal Planning Presentation on January 17th at 11:00am. This presentation will cover the standard advanced legal planning documents that everyone should have in place and information on how to connect with an attorney for free though our program for legal help completing power of attorney and advance directive documents. No Appointment is Required.
- On Wednesday, January 24th, the Mobile Community Service Office from the Department of Social and Health Services will be visiting to provide one-on-one help from 10:00am-2:00pm. At this event you can apply for Cash Assistance, Basic food assistance, medical assistance, and the Medicare savings program. You can also drop off paperwork, complete an eligibility review, mid-certification review or make changes to an existing case.
- John will also be holding two Computer 101 classes on January 12th at 10:00am and January 26th at 10:00am. The topics he will cover in January’s classes are still being determined.
We’re excited to see what the new year brings us and look forward to seeing every at our program! For more information on our programming, calendar, and lunch menu, please follow the links on the right.