Lake City Seniors’ update
April 15th, 2020
The Governor of the State of Washington issued a “Stay at Home” order until May 4th. This means staying indoors as much as possible and only leaving for essential purposes like grocery shopping, doctors’ appointments, and a walk around the block. The Lake City Seniors meal program is deemed an essential resource and will be continuing to serve lunch with the help of Hunger Intervention Program.
During lunch preparation and distribution, we take precautions like using cleaning supplies, gloves, only doing to go meals and staying 6 feet away from each other at all times. We are continuing to deliver meals to those who are preferring to stay indoors. We are working with community organizations and are offering Chair Yoga and Tai Chi on Zoom during this time. If you would like a reassurance call from Akira or Emily, please let us know by calling 206-268-6740. We are also starting Phone Bingo and would love to have you join. Lake City Seniors shares your concerns about the rapidly evolving and expanding global novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). At this time, there are no cases of COVID-19 at Lake City Seniors, nor any staff with symptoms. We are committed to serving older adults in our community especially through these trying times. Thank you for all those who have reached out, we love to hear from you via phone call and email.
The Lake City Seniors Team
Vedrana, Akira, and Emily
Lake City Seniors ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE. We will continue to be closed-except for essential programs listed below- at least through May 4th.
- Community Dining – To-go lunches in the Lake City Community Parking Lot are available from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Hyde shuttle may be able to help with Lunch deliveries; call 206-707-1865.
- Our Social Worker is continuing outreach and will be available as needed.
- Staff will be making reassurance calls for any participants who would like one. To sign-up, please call 206-707-1865.
- We are offering Zoom fitness classes including Chair Yoga and Tai Chi.
- Weekly over the phone Bingo with prizes!
- Follow us on Facebook to get more up to date information at https://www.facebook.com/LakeCitySeniors/
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach.