Welcome to the Lake City Seniors
and East African Elders Program
Lake City Seniors Update,
Happy 2021! We hope everyone had a relaxing, unique and festive Holiday Season. Thank you to all of those that attended our Day of Cheer, Holiday Carols and wished us a wonderful Holiday Season- we appreciate it. Hyde Shuttle and Community Vans have agreed to help deliver meals into 2021 and we will continue serving to-go lunches at the Lamb of God Church and lunch deliveries for the foreseeable future.
Governor Inslee placed tighter restrictions on the whole state limiting indoor gathering, shutting down indoor seating at restaurants, closing gyms and more at least until January 11th.
Cases in King County and the rest of the United States are the highest they have ever been with the death toll on December 30th reaching almost 4,000 US citizens- the highest total yet. We must remain vigilant in helping to end the spread of COVID-19. We are requiring facial covers while picking up lunches and require participants to maintain a safe distance from each other. If you do not have a facial covering, one will be provided. We are practicing social distancing measures, using gloves, wearing masks and will continue to follow these guidelines.
As we begin the year we are restarting Mindfulness Meditation on the 21st and Spanish on 15th plus we are hosting a webinar with NAMI focusing on Mental Health, date to be announced soon. We are hoping to bring you interesting, engaging and exciting classes into 2021.
Hope to see you there!
Vedrana, Akira, and Emily
Lake City Seniors ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE
- Community Dining – To-go lunches in the Lake City Community from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Please wear a facial covering while picking up meals.
- Hyde shuttle may be able to help with Lunch deliveries; call 206-707-1865.
- We offer Chair Yoga on Monday and Tai Chi on Wednesday on Zoom. We are also offering Water Coloring Classes with Kathleen on Thursday and Beginner Spanish with Brenda on Friday. On Wednesdays at 1:30pm-Bingo with prizes. Call Emily at 206-707-1865 to be added to any of the classes. Also, through Scarecrow Video you can rent out FREE movies!
- Schedule in-person and virtual social work appointments for information and assistance or consultations with our Social Worker Akira, call 206-472-5472.
- Follow us on Facebook!
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach.
Read and follow the link below for Public Health Information and community resources regarding COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources from Sound Generations
- COVID-19 Resources from United Way of Kind County
- COVID-19 Updates from King County available in multiple languages
Join us for free and low-cost programs, fun activities and a hot nutritious meal. You will meet new people and create wonderful memories in a diverse community!
Sound Generations is also working with many community partners to offer free and low-cost programs for seniors at the Lake City Community Center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (see our monthly calendar here). And our monthly highlights.
The City of Seattle Human Services Department and King County provide the funding to make this possible. To keep some of our programs running, please consider donating to Lake City Seniors (click on donate below).