Welcome to Lake City Seniors!
July 1st, 2020
Lake City Seniors Update,
Attention all participants receiving lunches
Starting Monday July 13th until July 24th, the July menu will be incorrect.
During that time, Hunger Intervention Program’s kitchen will be undergoing renovations. You will still be receiving delicious lunches, but during construction our menu will be subject to change as we operate with reduced kitchen capacity. We will continue delivery meal service and meals at the Lake City Community Center as normal.
Thank you for understanding. Please contact Emily at 206-707-1865 if you have any questions.
Governor Inslee has created a “Safe Start Plan” with 4 phases. As of June 19th, King County is in Phase 2 . Phase 2 allows for hair salons, restaurant, and retail shops to open at half capacity and also some religious services to open at limited capacity. To find more information, please go to https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/safe-start.aspx. Lake City Seniors will continue to update you as the phases progress for King County. Phase 2 does not affect our services and we will continue to operate as we have been.
During this time, we are working to expand virtual classes and hoping to provide small outdoor classes following social distancing measures in the near future. Our vitual classes include activities over the phone, through Zoom, and social work appointments using Doxy. We are continuing food delivery with Hyde Shuttle throughout the rest of the summer and into the fall. We will not be holding activites or lunch in the Community Center untill phase 4 at the earliest.
We are practicing social distancing measures, using gloves, wearing masks and will continue to follow these guidelines. You must wear a facial covering if you are picking up your lunch at the Lake City Community Center, one will be provide if you do not have one. Thank you for all those who have reached out- we love to hear from you via phone call and email. We will be updating you as we know more information.
Lake City Seniors team,
Vedrana, Akira, and Emily
Lake City Seniors will continue with the essential programs listed below until further notice.
Lake City Seniors ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE
- Community Dining – To-go lunches in the Lake City Community Parking Lot are available from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Please wear a facial covering while picking up meals. Hyde Shuttle may be able to help with Lunch deliveries; call 206-707-1865.
- Staff will be making reassurance calls with our Social Worker for any participants who would like one. To sign-up, please call 206-707-186
- We are offering Zoom fitness classes including Chair Yoga and Tai Chi. We are also offering Water Coloring Classes with our instructor Kathleen, call Emily at 206-707-1865 to sign-up.
- Walking Club meets Wednesday’s at 11:15 am. Call Akira at 206-472-5472 to join. Please be wear a mask, we will continue to use social distancing protocol.
- Bingo is held weekly on Wednesdays at 1:30pm, call 206-307-0855 to join!
- Virtual Library, Real Books! Weekly at 2:00pm on Monday. Call in and see what books we have to offer, we will get the books to you once you’ve chosen your next read.
- Follow us on Facebook to get more up to date information at https://www.facebook.com/LakeCitySeniors/
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach.
Please read and follow the link below for Public Health Information and community resources regarding COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources- From Sound Generations
- COVID-19 Resources– From United Way of Kind County
- COVID-19 Updates- From King County available in multiple languages
Join us for free and low-cost programs, fun activities and a hot nutritious meal. You will meet new people and create wonderful memories in a diverse community!
Sound Generations is also working with many community partners to offer free and low-cost programs for seniors at the Lake City Community Center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (see our monthly calendar here). And our monthly highlights.
The City of Seattle Human Services Department and King County provide the funding to make this possible. To keep some of our programs running, please consider donating to Lake City Seniors (click on donate below).