Welcome to Lake City Seniors!
August 21st, 2020
Lake City Seniors Update,
Governor Inslee has created a “Safe Start Plan” with 4 phases. As of June 19th, King County is in Phase 2. Phase 2 allows for hair salons, restaurant, and retail shops to open at half capacity and also some religious services to open at limited capacity. To find more information, please go to https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/covid-19/safe-start.aspx. Lake City Seniors will continue to update you as the phases progress for King County. Phase 2 does not affect our services and we will continue to operate as we have been.
During this time, we are working to expand virtual classes and hoping to provide small outdoor activities following social distancing measures in the near future.. We are continuing food delivery with Hyde Shuttle throughout the rest of the summer and into the fall. We will not be holding activities or lunch in the Community Center until phase 4 at the earliest. Remember the weather is getting hotter. Please drink extra water, stand in the shade while picking up to-go lunches and stay indoors as much as possible during the mid-day hours.
We are practicing social distancing measures, using gloves, wearing masks and will continue to follow these guidelines. You must wear a facial covering if you are picking up your lunch at the Lake City Community Center; one will be provided if you do not have one. Thank you for all those who have reached out- we love to hear from you! We will be updating you as we know more information.
Lake City Seniors team,
Vedrana, Akira, and Emily
Lake City Seniors ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE
- Community Dining – To-go lunches in the Lake City Community Parking Lot are available from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Please wear a facial covering while picking up meals. Hyde shuttle may be able to help with Lunch deliveries; call 206-707-1865.
- Walking Club meets Wednesday’s at 11:15 am. Call Akira at 206-472-5472 to join.
- We are offering Zoom fitness classes including Chair Yoga and Tai Chi. We are also offering Water Coloring Classes with our instructor Kathleen and Beginner Spanish with Brenda. On Wednesdays at 1:30pm-Bingo with prizes. Call Emily at 206-707-1865 to be added to any of the classes.
- Virtual Library, Real Books! Weekly at 2:00-3:00 on Monday to call in and see what books we have to offer, we will get the books to you one you’ve chosen. Also, through Scarecrow Video you can rent out FREE movies! Email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Schedule in-person and virtual social work appointments for information and assistance or consultations with our Social Worker Akira, call 206-472-5472.
- Follow us on Facebook to get more up to date information at www.facebook.com/LakeCitySeniors/
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach
Read and follow the link below for Public Health Information and community resources regarding COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources- From Sound Generations
- COVID-19 Resources– From United Way of Kind County
- COVID-19 Updates- From King County available in multiple languages
Join us for free and low-cost programs, fun activities and a hot nutritious meal. You will meet new people and create wonderful memories in a diverse community!
Sound Generations is also working with many community partners to offer free and low-cost programs for seniors at the Lake City Community Center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (see our monthly calendar here). And our monthly highlights.
The City of Seattle Human Services Department and King County provide the funding to make this possible. To keep some of our programs running, please consider donating to Lake City Seniors (click on donate below).