Welcome to Lake City Seniors!
November 13th, 2020
Lake City Seniors Update,
Lake City Seniors is temporarily moving to Lamb of God Church- 12509 27th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125. The first day at this new location was Monday November 2nd. The Church is a block away from the Lake City Community Center, right across the street from Albert Davis Park. The building and property is a better option for our program moving into the winter months. We are planning on being at this location for at least through the winter. Lunch will be served at the same time from 12:30-1:30pm on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Under Governor Inslee’s Safe Start plan Seattle is still on a modified stage 2, to find more about what to expect please visit: https://www.kingcounty.gov/elected/executive/constantine/covid-response/safe-start.aspx. Cases in King County and the rest of the United States are on the rise again and we must remain vigilant in helping to end the spread of COVID-19. We are requiring facial covers while picking up lunches and require participants to maintain a safe distance from each other. If you do not have a facial covering, one will be provided.
During this time, we are working to expand virtual classes and hoping to provide small indoor activities following social distancing measures in the near future at our new location. We are continuing food delivery with Hyde Shuttle at least until the end of the year.
We are practicing social distancing measures, using gloves, wearing masks and will continue to follow these guidelines. Thank you for all those who have reached out- we love to hear from you!
Lake City Seniors Team,
Vedrana, Akira, and Emily
Lake City Seniors ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE
- Community Dining – To-go lunches in the Lake City Community from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Please wear a facial covering while picking up meals.
- Hyde shuttle may be able to help with Lunch deliveries; call 206-707-1865.
- We offer Chair Yoga on Monday and Tai Chi on Wednesday on Zoom. We are also offering Water Coloring Classes with Kathleen on Thursday and Beginner Spanish with Brenda on Friday. On Wednesdays at 1:30pm-Bingo with prizes. Call Emily at 206-707-1865 to be added to any of the classes. Also, through Scarecrow Video you can rent out FREE movies! Email Emily 206-707-1865 for more information.
- Schedule in-person and virtual social work appointments for information and assistance or consultations with our Social Worker Akira, call 206-472-5472.
- Follow us on Facebook to get more up to date information at www.facebook.com/LakeCitySeniors/
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach.
Read and follow the link below for Public Health Information and community resources regarding COVID-19
- COVID-19 Resources- From Sound Generations
- COVID-19 Resources– From United Way of Kind County
- COVID-19 Updates- From King County available in multiple languages
Join us for free and low-cost programs, fun activities and a hot nutritious meal. You will meet new people and create wonderful memories in a diverse community!
Sound Generations is also working with many community partners to offer free and low-cost programs for seniors at the Lake City Community Center on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. (see our monthly calendar here). And our monthly highlights.
The City of Seattle Human Services Department and King County provide the funding to make this possible. To keep some of our programs running, please consider donating to Lake City Seniors (click on donate below).