Welcome to the Lake City Seniors
and East African Elders Program
Lake City Seniors Update,
June 9, 2021
Summer is here! If you haven’t heard yet we have started in-person programming at the Lamb of God Church. Our in-person classes include Gentle Chair Yoga, Tai Chi, Latin Dance, Watercolor class with Kathleen and Umbrella walks. Gentle Chair Yoga and Tai Chi are also broadcasted live on Zoom. This month, we are also starting 3 new classes: Matter of Balance on 6/25 and Music and Mindfulness on 6/14—both on Zoom—and Art for the Fun of it Together starting on 6/23, in-person. Check out the calendar on the next page for more information.
If you are fully vaccinated, we are lifting the mandatory face mask restrictions when picking up your to-go lunch. This means you have the option of not wearing a face covering if you are outdoors, if you are fully vaccinated. We will not be asking for proof of vaccination, but we hope you will adhere to the ‘honor system’ and follow CDC guidelines as well as our own. We are still requiring masks during indoor activities for now, and will reevaluate this policy at the end of June. If you have any questions involving the vaccine, where to get vaccinated, or anything else regarding COVID, please feel free to reach out to us and we will assist you the best way we can.
Next month, in July, Neighborhood Pop-Ups will start up again, formally known as ORCA to-go. King County Metro Neighborhood Pop-Up events will provide an opportunity for you to ask transit related questions, get help filling out a Regional Reduce Fare Permit (RRFP) application, reload your Orca card, and more. The Neighborhood Pop-up will also include a Spanish-speaking Community Liasion for those whose primary language is Spanish. We are also planning a fieldtrip to Alki Beach in August—more to come about both of these events!
Starting July 7th we will have tables and chairs available for seating during lunch in front of the Lamb of God Church. This will give you the option of eating lunch outdoors with your friends, or taking a moment to enjoy a delicious meal in a community setting. Spaces are on a first come, first serve basis and will be cleaned throughout the lunch service.
We hope to see you soon!
Lake City Seniors
Lake City Seniors Current Programming
- Community Dining – To-go lunches at the Lamb of God church from 12:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Hyde shuttle may be able to help with lunch deliveries; call 206-707-1865.
- Please refer to the calendar on the next page for current classes; call Emily at 206-707-1865 to be added to any of the classes. Also, through Scarecrow Video you can rent out FREE movies!
- Schedule in-person and virtual social work appointments for information and assistance or consultations with our Social Worker Akira, call 206-472-5472.
- If you need Technology Help please call Jennifer at 425-298-6536.
- Find us at Lakecityseniors.org or follow us on Facebook to get more up to date information at www.facebook.com/LakeCitySeniors
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach.