About Lake City Seniors
Lake City Seniors is a project of Sound Generations (formerly Senior Services) to help connect older adults to the many activities and services available in Lake City as well as to bring increased free and low-cost programs to the neighborhood. This project is a direct result of the commitment and activism of many community members who saw that there was a need for more services for our diverse senior population and made their voices heard. The City of Seattle Human Services Department provides the funding to make this project possible. In addition, many community partners and volunteers are investing their energy, creativity and hard work in order to offer more services and opportunities for seniors in Lake City.
- African Americans Reach and Teach Health Ministry
- Chinese Information and Service Center (CISC)
- City of Seattle Human Services Department
- City of Seattle Department of Neighborhoods
- Hunger Intervention Program
- Lake City Neighborhood Alliance
- Lake City Future First
- Lake City Public Library
- LifeTime Learning Center
- Literacy Source
- Neighborcare Health
- SeaMar Community Health Centers
- Seattle Housing Authority (SHA)
- Senior Housing Assistance Group (SHAG)
- Seattle Parks and Recreation, Lifelong Recreation
- Silver Kite Community Arts
- Sound Generations
- Two Dog Yoga
About Our Main Location
Most of the new activities and programs that we are introducing are offered at the Lake City Community Center, which is owned by City of Seattle Parks and Recreation.
Address: 12531 28th Ave NE, Seattle, WA 98125
Please contact us if you want to know more about any of these activities or how to get involved. We are always looking for organizations and individuals interested in offering services and programs for older adults.