Due to changing government guidelines and backlog of requests for updated vaccines, we will unfortunately have to reschedule our planned vaccination event. We will no longer be holding our planned flu and COVID-19 vaccine clinic on September 27th. We will update you when a new date and time are decided on. We appreciate your understanding.
Why do birds fly south in September?
Because it’s quicker than walking!
A reminder that Labor Day is Monday, September 4th so we will not hold any programming that day. There will also be no meals served so please plan accordingly.
We have some unfortunate news. Our funders have decreased the amount of money they are giving us to provide you with delivered meals. We were able to provide food delivery service at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic through special funding that allowed us to expand our community dining program to reach more people. However, since the end of the Federal Covid-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) Declaration in May 2023, the funding we once had for that is no longer available. We had enough funds to provide meals until the end of August.
As a result, we will be pausing meal deliveries for the month of September. We hope to be able to return to providing the service in October, but we won’t be certain until a later date. Please note that this change will not impact our dine-in meal service at the Lamb of God Church. We recommend planning on participating in the community dining program if that is an option for you.
We have a lot of new and returning programming this month.
- Music and Mindfulness is back at a new date and time! It will now be every Friday at 1:30pm starting September 8th.
- On Monday, September 11th, we will be holding a Lavender Wand making Class where participants will be provided with all the materials needed to make lavender wands for their homes.
- Folk Dancing with Susan is back! Join us Friday, September 15th at 10am for this fun and low intensity exercise class.
- Monday, September 25th we will be holding a class on growing microgreens at 1:30pm. Using healthy soil choices, a variety of fun seeds, and small plastic cups participants will learn how to grow a small crop of microgreens to use in salads, sandwiches or just eat as a garnish. Microgreens are full of nutrients and easy and fun to grow. It is an easy way to learn to grow something and super nutritious for your diet.
- John will hold two Computer 101 classes this month. September 8th at 10am we will have a class on Learning about the Cloud. Here you’ll learn about what exactly “the cloud” is and how it works. We will discuss cloud services like iCloud, Google Drive, and OneDrive and how to use them. On September 22nd at 10am will be a class on Online Payments and Banking. Learn how to safely make payments online using your credit card or bank accounts. We will discuss online banking, how to set-up automatic payments, and other tips for keeping your finances secure.
We want to thank everyone once again for your support and flexibility these past few months. We look forward to seeing you at our program. For more information on our programming and lunch menu, please follow the links to the right.
Lake City Seniors