- Digital Equity Coordinator/Consultant Position Open!
WHO is Sound Generations?
We are a comprehensive non-profit organization that serves older adults and people with disabilities in King County. Our mission is to support people on their aging journey through community connections and accessible services.
We are currently seeking a part-time (15+ hours a week) Digital Equity Coordinator to join our Lake City Senior Center in Seattle, WA. This position is dependent on funding and currently available until the end of 2022. The work is mostly in person at the senior center, with some remote work as well. Hours are flexible and will be scheduled in accordance to senior center hours and the consultant’s availability. Pay is $40 per hour.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, coordinates, and implements technology related programs that serve the needs of seniors in the community.
- Trains and supervises program volunteers; supervises and supports instructors; and evaluates the effectiveness and alignment of programs and activities.
- Purchases equipment, manages device distribution, troubleshoots problems and is the go-to for technology questions.
- Manage and coordinate the distribution and set up of any devices (laptops, hot spots, etc.). Reaches out for technology support as needed.
- Provides tech help/ assistance to clients (seniors at the center) in person and remotely
- Participates in the Digital Equity Learning Network meetings and the Steering Team, or other related meetings.
- Collects and analyzes data and design surveys/ evaluation methods to measure impact/ success
- Designs and builds out the computer lab space and other classroom areas for maximum usage for technology programming in conjunction with the Program Coordinator.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to relate to people of diverse backgrounds and lifestyles (e.g., low income, minorities, frail, and disabled).
- Ability to respond to multiple demands in a courteous and effective manner.
- Proficiency with technology (Microsoft Office, Zoom and other communication platforms, email, wifi and other applications).
- Ability to troubleshoot new technology and find resources.
- Experience in program coordination. Organized with strong follow-through.
- Experience working with BIPOC and/or diverse groups of people; preference for having worked with older adults.
If you have any questions or would like to submit your resume for consideration please email Vedrana Durakovic at Vedranad@soundgenerations.org.
- Join our Client Advisory Committee!
Being a part of the Lake City Seniors Advisory Committee means:
- Attending quarterly meetings hosted by the Lake City Senior Days partner organizations
- Sharing your ideas to make programming safe & equitable for all
- Giving feedback about past, present, and future programming
- Advocating on behalf of the program to local legislators
Important Upcoming Dates:
November 5th, 12:30-1:30pm: Info session to learn more and ask questions, in-person
November 11th, 1:30-2:30pm: Info session to learn more and ask questions, Zoom– Ask Emily for link
November 15th – 30th – Nominations open
December 1st-15th: VOTING (only if there are more nominees than open positions)
Nomination forms and voting ballots will be available at the Lake City Senior Days front desk
If you have questions please reach out to Emily at 206-706-1865 or email@example.com.
- Farewell to Shaili
To Lake City Seniors-
I can’t believe how fast time flies but my time at HIP is coming to an end. I will be leaving my role as Meal Program Coordinator on July 16th in order to move to Portland to be closer to friends and my community.
It’s been such a great pleasure cooking and serving meals for you all! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed getting to know you all over the course of the year and will miss seeing everyone who comes to our meal service.
Despite it being a challenging year for so many of us, I’m so happy I got to spend it doing something I love and work with an amazing group of people, including everyone at Sound Generations, our amazing volunteers, and of course our seniors! Thanks for making my time with Lake City Seniors so special!
Farewell and lots of love,
- North Seattle Senior HUB Meet and Greet
Join us June 8th at 1:00pm at the Bitter Lake Community Center for a North Seattle Senior HUB meet and Greet. This is in partnership with United Indians of All Tribes and the Wallingford Community Senior Center.
Lake City Seniors will have a table so please be sure to stop by and say hello! Hope to see you there.