March 26th, 2020
On March 23rd, Governor Inslee issued a “Stay at Home” order for the state of Washington for the next two weeks. What does this mean for you?
- You’re still allowed to go outside and take a walk but make sure to practice social distancing- this means staying at least 6 feet away from other people.
- You’re allowed to grocery store, especially during times specified for seniors; there is a great chart on the next page.
- You’re still allowed do other essential business like go to the doctors, check your mail, and other essential things for your health and well being.
- You’re allowed to get a to-go lunch with us at Lake City Senior because it is considered “Essential Business”.
Things that are prohibited would be going to church, weddings, any group meetings at home or in public, leisurely shopping, etc. in person. If it is not essential to your well being please do not engage in it. All in-person group gatherings are banned if it is for a nonessential purpose.
Lake City Seniors shares your concerns about the rapidly evolving and expanding global novel coronavirus (COVID-19). At this time, there are no cases of COVID-19 at Lake City Seniors, nor any staff with symptoms.
Lake City Seniors will continue to be closed except for essential programs listed below through April 13th following the Seattle School Closure notice and recommendations from the King County Department of Public Health.
Lake City Seniors ESSENTIAL PROGRAM UPDATE
- Community Dining – To-go lunches in the Lake City Community Parking Lot are available between 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Hyde shuttle may be able to help with food deliveries. Please call 206-707-1865.
- Social Workers are continuing outreach and will have available for individuals as needed.
- Staff will be making reassurance calls for any participants who would like one. To sign-up please call 206-707-1865 or email email@example.com
- We are offering recorded fitness videos online including chair yoga, Tai Chi, and fitness dancing videos for older adults.
Please call Lake City Seniors at 206-268-6740 if you have questions about these services or know of an older adult in need of a meal or outreach.