Online Fitness Resources
Although Lake City Senior’s programming is closed we still encourage everyone to stay active and healthy. Below are several exercise series to keep you active while classes are on hold.
Please consult with a healthcare professional before starting activities.Do not continue if any these activities cause you pain or discomfort. Lake City Seniors is not liable for any consequences of using these resources. Use at your own risk.
Balance is an important part of daily life from standing up to walking around. These balancing activities below may help to prevent falls and will help to better your balance.
Thai Chi Series
Having good balance is important for many everyday activities, such as going up and down stairs.
- Position the heel of one foot just in front of the toes of the other foot. Your heel and toes should touch or almost touch.
- Choose a spot ahead of you and focus on it to keep you steady as you walk.
- Take a step. Put your heel just in front of the toe of your other foot.
- Repeat for 20 steps.
Standing on One Foot
What you’ll need: Sturdy Chair
You can do this exercise while waiting for the bus or standing in line at the grocery. For an added challenge, you can modify the exercise to improve your balance.
- Stand on one foot behind a sturdy chair, holding on for balance.
- Hold position for up to 10 seconds.
- Repeat 10-15 times.
- Repeat 10-15 times with other leg.
- Repeat 10-15 more times with each leg.