Lake City Seniors works in partnership with Sound Generations and King County Metro to offer participants options for transportation both to the center and in daily life. Due COVID-19 the resources below have changed, please check with each organization for more information.
King County Metro Neighborhood Pop-Up brings Metro to you! At a Neighborhood Pop-Up event, we will provide customer service on ORCA cards, answer questions about how to use the regional transit system, provide information about upcoming Metro expansions and more! This program also offers a unique opportunity to enroll in educational field trips, classes, and focus groups to learn more about public transit. Neighborhood Pop-up can also help you enroll in the Reduced Regional Fare Permit Orca card if you are over the age of 65, are a person living with a disability, or have a Medicare Card.
During COVID this program has been moved to a virtual format offering classes virtually and office hours to connect with Neighborhood Pop-up staff.
- When– Every other Friday
- Time: 11:30 am – 1:30 pm
- Visit: Neighborhood Pop-up
Neighborhood shuttle, operated by Sound Generations, serves people who are 55 and older or have a disability (you can also bring a caregiver or family member with you). Shuttle has wheelchair lift but is limited to NE Seattle area (see service area detail below). Since COVID-19 Hyde Shuttle has updated services. Hyde is now helping Lake City Seniors delivery lunches to nearly 100 households in the NE Seattle area.
- Date: Mon-Fri
- Time: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Location: Serves specific service areas. NE Seattle service area includes East of I5, West of Lake Washington, South of N 145th St. and North of the Ship Canal.
- Cost: Donations are most appreciated.
- Register: Call 206-727-6262 (Best to call 3 days before you need to scheduled your ride)
- Visit: Hyde Shuttle
Offered by Sound Generations, Volunteer drivers provide personalized one-on-one transportation service to medical and dental appointments. Volunteers drive seniors to andfrom appointments, waiting with them until they are ready to return home. You must be 60 or older and able to get in and out of a vehicle on your own to participate.
- Date: Mon-Fri
- Time: 8am – 5pm
- Location: King County
- Cost: Suggested donation
- Register: 206-448-5740 Call Wednesday (or before) for any rides the following week. All rides dependent on driver availability.
- Visit: Sound Generations Volunteer Transportation